Day 76: Now I've got the Irish on my mind


1:  Ireland comes in second as the biggest tea drinkers in the world, behind United Arab Emirates. UK is sixth and New Zealand 45th...just ahead of Singapore.

2: On my father’s side the family comes from Northern Ireland. I’m a first generation New Zealander. My Dads mother married a man older than her father...Letitia was 23 when she married William Mooney aged 55. She died aged 45, followed by William 3 months later. On my mother’s side it was my grandmother who died a few months after her sweetheart died. She lay down for an afternoon nap and never woke up. It was my sister who found her and it was the first and only time I have ever seen my mother cry. My father married at aged 48 to my mother aged 28...and then there’s me. I was introduced to my darling sweetheart at age 48 (and no he’s not 28!)...an arranged romance with a happy ending.  Welcome to my family tree.

I think that those thoughts deserve a second cup of tea.