Day 14: He flew in on an aeroplane



 I’ve been thinking of Len Lye and the proposed Len Lye Centre for New Plymouth since my morning cuppa at which time I read a midweek article (online) about the whinging that’s been going on in the community. There’s a desire to write exactly what’s on my mind....which would insulate many people, but it’s so frustrating...doesn’t anybody read past a news head line. LET ME SAY THIS SLOWLY...the Len Lye Centre is not being built with tax payers’ money. The arts community (instead of whinging) went out and raised the money themselves.

There’s got to be a lesson in this. Not sure what it is yet, even though I’ve taken all day to think about this before making comment.

PS: I’ve deleted many in between sentences that were just too emotive to be of value to my daily comment...I’m now heading for bed and as usual I have my cup & saucer, teaspoon for my honey, grater for my fresh ginger and water in the jug ready for action in the morning.