Day 16: I feel good



But what if there was a power cut and I couldn’t boil some water for a cuppa... What I remember about Cyclone Bola (1988) was the power cut which meant no cup of tea. I was ill equipped with no gas burner as a back up or a freestanding wood burner; not that I would have that going in a wooden house that was rocking with the force of the wind. The force of the wind roaring under the house lifted the carpet so I could stomp down the hall which ran the length of the house and the carpet would ripple like waves...very cool.  I slept alone on the floor in the centre of the house to awake in the morning to NO POWER...NO CUP OF TEA. That’s the reason I left my rural home. I called for help from my sister who did have power. A friend arrived in a Toyota Land Cruiser, a real sturdy beast that powdered through the storm to get me to an electric jug and a hot cup of tea.