Day 23: Performance Art



I thought I’d treat the vessel of my cuppa to an outing. We (my cup and I) attended a performance art workshop with one of Singapore’s most notable artists Lee Wen at the Singapore Art Museum today. The final part was to do some practical work so Lee dismantled one of his installations in the gallery...much to the surprise of the staff and gave us a box each to take outside to be creative with. I was amazed at the number who destroyed their box. However I was reminded of when I was installing a Tom Kreisler exhibition at the Govett-Brewster and threw out one of Tom’s artworks which I thought was rubbish...it was just a used flatten box that was meant to lean against the gallery wall. So in respect of taking nothing for granted “we” nurtured our box, letting it represent everybody and everybody’s unique ideas.



...happy ending to the Kreisler art work as I was able to retrieve it from the rubbish and install it. I believe Tom enjoyed what I did with the box more than having it in the show.